K-Tech Innovation Hub by NASSCOM
The Government of Karnataka in line with its i4 policy has set up a K-Tech Innovation Hub at NASSCOM Diamond District, Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru. The facility has been fully set up and has been operational since 2013. K-Tech Innovation Hub is housed in the premises of Diamond District, Old Airport Road, Bengaluru. It is spread over an area of 36,000 sq. ft. and has a seating capacity of 350 with a 100% power backup, leased internet line, a vibrant ambiance, Conference room with AV facility, over 10 meeting rooms, cafeteria and housekeeping facilities. The facility offers subsidized incubation space which will help the Start-ups to make use of the ecosystem and in turn help the companies which are in their nascent stages to attract angel investors, VC’s and enterprises to play a major role in Bengaluru and helping more such Start-ups to thrive and succeed. They offer various services for e.g. providing physical workspace (Plug & Play), Support Services (HR/Legal/Accounting etc.), access to network of investors, mentors, and industry experts etc., access to Startup Kits etc.
The facility includes –
A. Hack-cellerator: A space for idea-stage entities to test and build new ideas and products.
B. Start-up Warehouse: A dedicated incubation space for Start-ups
C. Providing physical workspace (plug and play)
- 192 Startups have been incubated in the period 2013-18
- 766 Startups have been virtually incubated in the period 2014-18
- In the Virtual Program the following has been achieved:
- Provided 180+ hours of deep dive workshops on multiple topics
- Provided 25+ investor connects on a regular basis
- 60+ mentoring hours connecting expert mentor and startup one on one
- 11 startups got acquired
- 10% startups recorded 5x increase in revenue.
- 20% startups doubled their revenue
- 50+ PoCs signed up between start-ups and corporates
K-Tech Innovation Hub by IAMAI
IAMAI is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896. K-Tech Innovation Hub at IAMAI has been established in association with IAMAI to strengthen the mobile app ecosystem in the State of Karnataka with the objective to train mobile application developers and incubate them into entrepreneurship. The center is located in Diamond district, Domlur, Bangalore. This incubation center spread over an area of about 10,000 sq. ft. provides early stage Apps startups and developers highly affordable incubation space, training center, testing lab and design center.
Mobile10X hub has a Testing Lab, Design Lab, Capability Building and Co-working Space.
It also provides:
- Mentorship by industry experts and domain specialists.
- Industry Connects
- Investor Connects
- Advanced tools for testing and implementation.
- Dedicated support for design, development, testing
- Regular interactions, seminars and workshops with peers and industry leaders
- 92 Startups are incubated at IAMAI
- IAMAI has partnered with Headspin for setting up a Testing Lab, where devices are kept to test how apps are working on different networks on different phones
- Startups incubated in IAMAI have raised approx. 20 Cr. Funding.
K-Tech Innovation Hub by Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre
K-Tech Innovation Hub by Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre (BBC) is an initiative of Karnataka Innovation Technology Society (KITS), Dept. of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka with a liberal funding support from Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. It is located within Bangalore Helix Biotechnology Park at Electronic City. The Centre is a world class Incubation Centre with Common Instrumentation Facility in a 10-Acre campus with total built up area of above 50,000 sq. ft. It provides mentoring support, funding opportunities, branding support and networking support besides laboratories and equipment.
- 30 Startups are incubated at BBC
- 15 Patents has been filed so far and 40 Patents are in pipeline
- Generated employment for almost 150 people
- Incubates have raised approximately 50 Cr through Venture funding and other sources
- Highlights of Startups incubated in K-Tech Innovation Hub by Bangalore Bioinnovation Centre
- Pandorum is developing artificial cornea which can solve blindness problem in India
- Next big innovations lab are producing 3d bio-printed skin cells
- Atrimed is developing therapeutic solutions for skin diseases
- Yostra has come up with a device to detect peripheral neuropathy
- Terrablue has developed a device for early detection of epilepsy as other neurological disorders
- Tojo Vikas has developed favoring molecules through synthetic biology