IBAB (Institute for Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology)
IBAB an initiative of Department of IT, BT and S & T, Government of Karnataka
The institute is located in a 20 acre campus in Electronics City with excellent infrastructure, student hostel and other amenities. It has recently added several state of the art facilities to its bioinformatics and biotechnology laboratories to enhance its training and research capabilities. IBAB also hosts Bio-IT Centre under the aegis of The Department of IT, BT and ST, Government of Karnataka, for activities in the area of genome sequencing and data analysis. The institute offers MSc in ‘Biotechnology & Bioinformatics’ program (recognized, and the degree awarded by the Bangalore University, Bengaluru) and a Ph.D. program (degree awarded by Manipal University).
IBAB has world-class faculty and scholars trained in top-notch institutions with significant teaching and research experience. Students are exposed to the most recent advances in academia and industry through a large number of scientists who visit the institute all year around from across
- IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India.
- Establishment of field gene bank and characterization of accessions for bacterial blight, wilt and genetic diversity in Pomegranate
- Facility available include Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Laboratory equipped with Instruments including Electrophoresis Units for DNA and Proteins, Gel Doc, HPLC, FPLC,
- 2D Electrophoresis Systems, RT PCR, Microarray and DNA Sequencers, Computer lab
- with internet facility, Silicon graphics workstations with bioinformatics programs / softwares.
Contact Person- Dr. GayatriSaberwal
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.