Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology has decided to establish Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security sector to boost Cyber Security industry in Karnataka , assisting the state in tackling the Cyber Security threats and to encourage academic research activities in Cyber Security.
The major objectives are –
- to support high potential early stage companies.
- to promote Karnataka as a hub for cyber security industry.
- to address skill gap.
- to design and develop cybersecurity courses.
- skilled workforce and increased employability.
- Increase level of awareness among citizens.
- Pool corpus of CSR initiatives focusing on cultural shift in adoption of cyber space practices.